Your child's first dental visit
Your child's first visit to our dental office should be around their first birthday, but could be as early the first tooth erupts . Here are some useful tips:
• Have a tour of our dental office by coming in for a casual, friendly, get acquainted visit and checkup.
• Make an appointment for a visual check of your child's teeth.
• Have a discussion with us about oral health care for your child.
• Familiarize your child with our dental office. Consider taking them along when you or a sibling has a dental appointment.
• Wait for an emergency for the first visit.
• Over prepare your children for dental visits.
• Use phrases like "It won't hurt much" or "It won't be too bad." Such phrases do not soothe, they can contribute to anxiety.